Amelia is pretty keen on getting good speakers to Central Otago to talk dentistry to our team and the local dental community. All our study groups are held at Central Dental, 102B Barry Ave, Cromwell.
If you are a dental professional and either:
- interested in joining in one of our study days as a participant
- have a suggestion for a speaker who may be keen to visit us
- keen to speak at one of our days
Please send Amelia an email at email@example.com
A Weekend with Dr Sahil Soni: rubber dams, posterior composites and clinical photography
Cancelled / postponed due to current travel restrictions
Sahil is an amazing dentist and runs very popular rubber dam and composite courses in Australia – this is going to be an awesome! Very limited spots as we want a small group only.
POA and will be paid by bank deposit to secure your spot – will be higher than with local speakers for obvious reasons
We will cover:
- Lecture and discussion on the use of rubberdam
- Hands on rubber dam application including advanced techniques using floss and teflon tape
- Dental photography tips and tricks
- Posterior composite lecture and hands-on for beautiful, simple and predictable large posterior composites.
Endo Discussion with Dr Tina Hauman
Saturday the 25th of April 9am-5pm
$50 each payable on the day to cover catering and speaker costs
It will be a full day lecture on endodontics relevant for general dentists from diagnosis to final restoration. There will be time for questions and answers at the end. A great opportunity to meet and hear from one of our awesome local specialists (Dunedin based at Hauman Endodontics)
More Endo with Steve Shepard
Saturday the 2nd of May 9am-5pm
Sponsored by Henry Schein
CBCT for endo: when to take, how to interpret
Medicaments: which and when, irrigants, dressings and cements
Other topics yet to be decided but likely covering obturation techniques and apex locators.
Recent study days
Implant basics: Surgery and Restorative with Dr Soo-Wee Ong and Dr Abdullah Barazanchi
Saturday the 8th of Feb 9am till 5pm
Thanks Soo-Wee and Abdullah for a super informative day.
- Discussing implants with your patients
- Case assessment from a surgical and prosthetic point of view
- Planning and discussion with your surgeon
- Immediate placement vs delayed placement
- Abutment selection, crown materials, communicating with your lab
- Scanning vs conventional VPS impressions
- Implant supported dentures
Saturday the 18th of Jan 10am-4:30pm
An informative full day lecture with Dr Soo-Wee Ong discussing lots of oral surgery topics, then practicing our flaps and suturing. Morning tea from Industry Lane and Lunch from Armando’s kitchen. Thanks all for coming, your CPD codes have been emailed out.